Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Scale-mania


Usually when I leave town, I take my scale along. This time I wanted to change it up. I weight myself every day and keep track of it on a calendar. I don’t dwell on what my weight is nor do I used my weight as the only form of success. I do like to be mindful of it though.

When I first was deciding on not taking it along, I immediately became nervous and uncomfortable. I felt like I was neglecting to pack something essential, but I wanted to put myself to the test. I told myself I need to remove the comfortable of knowing what my weight is daily and go with it. It was only for two days anyways. While I was gone I continued to eat healthy, drink a lot of water, exercise and write down my food portions. I didn’t crave into nighttime eating either, even thought I was tempted.

It was nice, in a way, to not have to worry about my weight. I told myself to continue to do what I normally would have, so if my weight didn’t change it would be okay.

The morning after I got home, I did weigh in and I actually lost weight while I was gone. I was down two more pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment