Thursday, September 19, 2013

a love/hate relationship

I have a love/hate relationship with lunges and squats.

I hate lunges. I seem to always be off balance when I do them. I have a fear that I’ll start leaning to one side or the other, which results in me not going low enough.

I also am not a huge fan of squats, even though I do them quite often. I'm getting better at them though because I find that I push myself to go lower and lower.

Even thought my love for lunges and squats is limited, I still do them. I know if I just grin and bear it, eventually it’ll starting paying off and it already has. I noticed my bottom in the mirror a while ago and I saw that it’s changing shape. Instead of looking like a pancake, like it always has, it’s starting to look like I always wanted it to look.

It almost goes without saying, but now that I’ve seen these results I know I need to keep the lunges and squats in my exercise routine.

I love seeing the hard work pay off. It’s great motivation to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment